The focus of Educational Services is on improving student achievement in Lake County through leadership and partnership with our local school districts.
Many initiatives and programs come under the Educational Services umbrella, which include:
- Research-based professional development for Lake County educators. (Please check our website calendar or our Facebook page for upcoming trainings.)
- Support for administrative credentialing.
- District support, including assistance and oversight with the Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAP), and differentiated assistance, through our Professional Learning Network.
- Teacher Development, to address the severe teacher shortage in the US and California, through Teach Lake County.
- Curriculum and standards support and implementation:
- Career & College Readiness for the future success of Lake County’s K-12 students.
- CTE Adult Training programs in Certified Nursing Assistant and Medical Assistant programs.
- Leadership in Multi-Tiered System of Support and Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports, to help staff support students in their academic, behavioral and social emotional needs.
- Oversight of Lake County Teacher of the Year program through the California Department of Education.
Educational Services is an important and prominent department within the Lake County Office of Education.
Lake County Strong Curriculum
A partnership between the Lake County Tribes and the Lake County Office of Educaton (LCOE) has resulted in a new curriculum dedicated to the history of the Lake County Pomo.
View the Lake County Strong Curriculum if you are interested in using it for your classroom and to view topics covered.
Senior Director - School & District Support
Senior Director of Student Services
Contact for Hance Community School
Coordinator of Teacher Development
(707)263-8918 ext 261
(707) 263-5819 ext. 280
Program Assistant III
(707) 263-8918 ext. 284
Program Assistant II