23-24 Substitute Teaching Permit
Instructions for Completing a 30-Day Substitute Permit
1. Start Here:
→ Complete the Substitute Teaching Survey.
→ All Official Transcripts must be submitted directly from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, either by mail or electronically, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that transcripts will only be considered official if they are sent directly by the issuing institution.
- Must include a Baccalaureate Degree
→ Please send CBEST test results, if applicable.
2. What to expect next?
Upon completion of the tasks listed under the "Start Here" menu, a notification via email with comprehensive instructions for the subsequent steps will be sent to you within 7-10 business days. It is imperative to review the following tasks below, as they may be mandatory for completion. The email will explicitly mention the required tasks. Should you have any concerns before that time, please do not hesitate to reach out via email email@example.com
3. Tasks that MAY be required:
- Annual Keenan Safe Schools training(s).
- Current negative TB test/screening. Submit TB results here. Please refer to the "California School Employee Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire", for more details.
- Meet the Basic Skills Requirement.
- Create a California Commission on Teaching Credentials account.
- Live Scan Fingerprint.
- Complete Live Scan for the Commission on Teacher Credentialing $74.
- Complete Live Scan fingerprint for Lake County Office of Education $32.
- Apply for a Certificate of Clearance (COC) $50.
- Lake County Office of Education will submit your application electronically to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Once all CTC documents and LiveScan have been processed and approved, the process will be complete.
Join our Lake County Schools Substitute Consortium Today!