The Lake County Office of Education issues work permits to students who are:
- Students at the Hance Community School
- Students at the Clearlake Creativity School
- Students who work in the pear sheds
All other work permits, including summer/vacation permits, need to be obtained from your high school or district office.
Students applying for a work permit through the Lake County Office of Education need to bring the following items to 1152 S. Main Street in Lakeport:
- A completed work permit application
- Valid state issued identification card
- Original social security card
Work permits will be issued as quickly as possible, however please allow up to 3 days for completion. Students must pick up their completed work permits in person at Lake County Office of Education prior to starting employment.
For work permit applications and more information, please go to the California Department of Education Work Permits for Students webpage.