Already have a valid California Credential
- Submit a Pre-application Substitute Teaching form, online.
- Annual certification of the online course: Mandated Reporter: Child Abuse & Neglect Training. A link to the training website will be emailed to you upon submittal of your pre-application.
- Provide verification of a current TB test/Screening. Please refer to the "California School Employee Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire", for more details.
- Attach a copy of your current California credential.
- Submit one Live Scan fingerprint form (For DOJ Clearance, $32.00 plus $25 fee charged by LCOE, for a total of $57.00). Payment must be in the form of cash, credit card, or money order. A fingerprint check must be obtained prior to being placed on the substitute list. Call Linda DeBolt at (707) 262-4127 to schedule an appointment.
- A Certificate of Clearance from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) is required of all teachers new to Lake County. Complete the application online. The cost is $52.50.
If you move or change your phone number, please let this office know as soon as possible. Contact Elisha Cooley, Credential Analyst, with any questions.
Once all CTC documents and LiveScan have been processed and approved, the onboarding process will be complete.
Congratulations, you are now ready to substitute teach in Lake County!