Educators of the Year
The Lake County Office of Education participates in the Califorina Teacher of the Year (TOY) Program.
We are proud of our Lake County teachers, and the innovative and exciting work they do with our students.
Kerry Smith, Resource Teacher at Mountain Vista Middle School, in the Kelseyville Unified School District is Lake County Teacher of the Year, 2019 - 2020.
District Teachers of the Year include:
- Robert Reil | Culinary Teacher, grades 9-12 | Lower Lake High School | Konocti Unified School District
- Zane Jensen | U.S. History Teacher, 8th grade | Terrace Middle School | Lakeport Unified School District
- Jennifer Wangberg | 7th Grade Teacher | Lucerne Elementary School | Lucerne Elementary School District
- Deb Lipari | Reading Intervention Teacher, all levels | Minnie Cannon Elementary School | Middletown Unified School District
- Charlene Norwood | 2nd Grade Teacher | Upper Lake Elementary School | Upper Lake Unified School District
The Lake County Office of Education honors a Classified Employee of the Year from each of our participating school districts, and the Lake County Office of Education.
The Lake County Superintendent of Schools honors a Lake County Champion of Education each year.
Classified Employees of the Year include:
- Elvira Ledesma | Secretary | Mountain Vista Middle School | Kelseyville Unified School District
- Jenna Hoberg | Transportation Office Assistant | Konocti Unified School District
- Cheryl Graves | Administrative Assistant | Healthy Start | Lake County Office of Education
- Dick "Digger" Oswald | Night Custodian | Terrace Middle School | Lakeport Unified School District
- Traci Snider | Fiscal Services Assistant | District Office | Upper Lake Unified School District
Lake County Champion of Education:
- Ron Raetz | Uppper Lake, California
Ms. Smith, the District Teachers of the Year, and the District Classified Employees of the Year will be honored at the Excellence in Education Awards Dinner, held October 20, 2019 at O'Meara's Bros. Brewing Company in Lakeport, California.