Building resilience — the ability to adapt well to adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or even significant sources of stress — can help our children manage stress and feelings of anxiety and uncertainty.
The Lake County Children's Council goal is to raise awareness about adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and the effects of toxic stress, while improving community and individual resilience.
We do this through:
- Creating and disseminating materials
- Public Service Announcements
- Providng ACEs 101 educational sessions
The Children's Council also strives to:
- Inform various diverse sectors of our community, including schools, civic organizations, faith-based communities, cultural centers, juvenile justice programs and businesses.
- Improve resilience in and recognizing the mental and emotional impact on service providers who support consumers with high ACE scores.
- Create a supportive environment that promotes safety, self care, and resilience building for our members and our communities.
Find more information and resources about resiliency on our Resources Page.