Tobacco -Use Prevention Education (TUPE)
The Lake County Office of Education believes in offering children and youth tools to make healthful life decisions. TUPE offers this support to districts in providing leadership, technical assistance and anti-tobacco educational materials.
Our team supports school districts in developing and implementing their school health programs to prevent tobacco-use and addiction. Services include:
- Certification of school districts for Tobacco-Free School Policy
- Provide teachers effective and comprehensive education materials
- Assistance to school districts with the California Healthy Kids Survey
- Provide anti-tobacco community message
- Provide cessasion support
- Facilitate collaboration with Community Stakeholders
- Through funding with the Coordinated School Health and Safety Office we will be focusing our efforts on our disparate school populations, where smoking is most prevalent. For example, smoking in continuation schools is 5 times higher than in traditional schools.
Please look for resources and helpful links, on our Healthy Start Resource Page.
For more information and resources please contact Doreen Gilmore, TUPE Coordinator with Healthy Start Youth and Family Services.