The focus of Educational Services is on improving student achievement in Lake County through leadership and partnership with our local school districts.
Many initiatives and programs come under the Educational Services umbrella, which include:
- Research-based professional development for Lake County educators. (Please check our website calendar or our Facebook page for upcoming trainings.)
- Support for administrative credentialing.
- District support, including assistance and oversight with the Local Control and Accountability Plans (LCAP), and differentiated assistance, through our Professional Learning Network.
- Teacher Development, to address the severe teacher shortage in the US and California, through Teach Lake County.
- Curriculum and standards support and implementation:
- Career & College Readiness for the future success of Lake County’s K-12 students.
- CTE Adult Training programs in Certified Nursing Assistant and Medical Assistant programs.
- Leadership in Multi-Tiered System of Support and Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports, to help staff support students in their academic, behavioral and social emotional needs.
- Oversight of Lake County Teacher of the Year program through the California Department of Education.
Educational Services is an important and prominent department within the Lake County Office of Education.
Senior Director - School & District Support
Coordinator of Teacher Development
(707)263-8918 ext 261
Program Assistant III
(707) 263-8918, ext. 285