The Lake County Children's Council is committed to creating an environment that will honor, nurture and protect children.
What We Do:
- Distribute child abuse prevention information and resources.
- Sponsor events and opportunities to educate our communities on issues impacting children and families.
- Facilitate training to professional and community members in the detection, treatment, and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Promote public awareness of the abuse and neglect of children.
- Act as an oversight advisory council for county projects for children and families.
- Legislative advocacy for child abuse prevention.
What Can You Do?
- Report suspected child abuse to law enforcement or Child Welfare Services.
- Volunteer your time in programs that benefit children and families, or for advocacy events, such as Lake County Cares for Our Kids Advocacy Walk and Children's Festival, held each April in honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- Donate material items or make a financial donation to help child abuse prevention efforts.
- Learn more about child abuse.
- Reach out to someone who is at risk of being abused or becoming an abuser.
- Further the goals of the Lake County Children's Council.