What We Do:
- Distribute child abuse prevention information and resources.
- Sponsor events and opportunities to educate our communities on issues impacting children and families.
- Facilitate training to professional and community members in the detection, treatment, and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Promote public awareness of the abuse and neglect of children.
- Act as an oversight advisory council for county projects for children and families.
- Legislative advocacy for child abuse prevention.
What Can You Do?
- Report suspected child abuse to law enforcement or Child Welfare Services.
- Volunteer your time in programs that benefit children and families.
- Donate material items or make a financial donation to help child abuse prevention efforts.
- Learn more about child abuse.
- Reach out to someone who is at risk of being abused or becoming an abuser.
- Further the goals of the Lake County Children's Council.
For more information, visit the Children's Council website at lakecountychildrenscouncil.com